Live Long and Prosper Final Video

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Don't Drive Distracted


As a sophomore at Massapequa High School, I’ve been taking part in our school’s campaign for teen driving safety. It’s part of National Youth Traffic Safety Month. With an interest in art, I decided to dedicate my time to paint a mural focused on teen driving safety. I decided to focus on the negatives about teen driving safety and what not to do when behind the wheel. Just like every other teen that gets their license, they can’t wait to drive to school on their own. They get the new freedoms of going anywhere they want for lunch as well as after school.

My painting showed a teenage girl on her cell phone, putting on her makeup. If a girl is in a rush in the morning of course she is going to take her makeup with her and do it quickly before she meets her peers in school. The point is it’s dangerous! Hopefully my mural will make an impression on my peers and influence them to think smart before they drive.



1 comment:

  1. Bobbi, Beautiful mural. I can't wait to see it in the window display at the mall.

    ReplyDelete